Swedish Massage is a system of long strokes, kneading, friction, tapping, percussion, vibration and shaking motions that apply pressure between muscles and bones, rubbing in the same direction as the flow of blood returning to the heart.
Swedish Massage is both relaxing and invigorating.
The main purpose of Swedish Massage is to increase the oxygen flow in the blood and release toxins from the muscles. Some other benefits of this massage style include shortening recovery time from muscular strain, increased circulation, stretching of ligaments and tendons, skin stimulation and soothing of the nervous system.
It can reduce stress, both emotional and physical, and can be suggested as part of a regular program for stress management.
The sequence of techniques usually used in a session of Swedish Massage are:
- Effleurage: gliding strokes with the palms, thumbs and/or fingertips.
- Petrissage: kneading movements with the hands, thumbs and/or fingertips.
- Friction: circular pressures with the palms of hands, thumbs and/or fingertips.
- Vibration: oscillatory movements that shake or vibrate the body.
- Percussion: brisk hacking or tapping.
- Passive and Active Movements: bending and stretching.
You can call us any time between 9am – 6pm Monday to Friday or 10am – 3pm each Saturday 01359 408 011
- Back, neck and shoulders (30 mins) 30
- Full body massage (1 hour) 37
- Full body massage incuding face and neck (1 hour 15 mins) 42